What will your Monday night need besides a nice glass of wine, you ask?
Make these beauties when you come home from work and I swear…they will be the TALK of the dinner table. Or, there will be no talking because people will be too busy eating them. NOM. NOM.
*WHAT YOU WILL NEED*
3 zucchinis, ends cut off, halved and cut into 1/2 inch strips
1 cup of cornmeal
3/4 cup of parmesean reggiano
2 egg whites
2 tsp of sea salt
1/2 tsp of rosemary
1/2 tsp of basil
1/2 tsp of thyme
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
2. Combine corn meal, 1/2 cup of parmesean, and spices and place in a gallon ziploc bag.
3. Take a handful of zucchini sticks and toss them into the egg whites. Then place them into the ziploc bag of yumminess and toss until all of the sticks are coated. Place them onto the tray. Repeat until all sticks have been tossed and coated.
4. Cook for 23 minutes. Sprinkle remaining parmesean over sticks and broil for 3-5 minutes until the sticks have browned on the top.
5. Serve with any dipping sauce you like but I’m privy to Hidden Valley’s Spicy Ranch. It’s as if you made a chipotle dipping sauce but without the work.
These fries pair well with a low calorie diet (WIN…bikini season), a nice glass of Malbec on the back porch (I mean, what doesn’t), listening to Jamie Cullum with your boo, vegetarian night, and/or a substitute for movie theater popcorn and snowcaps.
I hope you all enjoy. I ESPECIALLY hope that your coffee be strong, and your Mondays be short…so that you can get home and make these fries! #amIright?